Welcome!
Read some words, view some photos or listen to some tunes...
even when real life gets in the way


Saturday, May 01, 2010

Altering the state of mind


Today brings sunshine to my kitchen - the kind that I don't ever take for granted.

Rich coffee, warm buttered toast, sweet strawberries, and apple muffins for my kids in the oven. Life is good. I'm healthy. My kids are healthy. I have love all around me.

Yes, I could reflect on the fact that someone I used to know didn't recognize my birthday -- remaining quiet and aloof, which is so telling. Yes I could ponder all of the obstacles I face and the chagrins that baffle and sting. But no, not today and not tomorrow either. I shake off the notions of confusion and rise above the discontent.

This life is an adventure and I feel alive with emotion.

Besides my least favorite job of lawn work, I will have lunch with someone, then get on my bike today, take some photos and feel the wind on my face and sun in my hair. And the night...hmmm who knows what will present itself. I like just wondering about it. On my way, I will keep my eyes and mind wide open.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that someone "forgot" your birthday. However, I admire your attitude, and it sounds like you're taking a lot of enjoyment in the simple things.

    ReplyDelete