Welcome!
Read some words, view some photos or listen to some tunes...
even when real life gets in the way


Thursday, November 08, 2012

Grateful

Every now and then, I write a gratitude list. It reminds me of what is important to me in my life. I don't know that they are in any specific order, just written as the ideas come to me.

I'm grateful for my:
  • Children, who provide unconditional love, joy, laughter, truth, humor, pride and a reason for me to work at being my best self
  • Good health
  • Children's good health
  • Extended family who taught me values, to be generous and kind
  • Friends who provide a sense of community that says I'm not completely alone in this single life
  • Sweet kitty who is very loving, a great cuddle partner and sometimes needy
  • Bright spirit of air and light, a realist who is ALSO optimistic who loves large and feels deeply 
  • Job, providing the sustenance I need to live a comfortable life and giving me opportunity to grow and learn
  • Creative spirit, the never ending sense of, and urge to, share something beautiful or compelling that can help shape or change the world, if even ever so slightly
  • Home. It meets my needs, is safe and cozy and comfortable
  • Car, comfortable and safe, letting me travel and enjoy the scenery
  • Love of music and film
  • Foodie self, with a deep love of culinary delights and the many flavors this world provides 
  • Sense of humor
  • Love of words
  • Hunger for fairness and truth
  • Ability to know when I am being wronged but still taking the high road to be kind, understanding and forgiving
That's all I got for now

No comments:

Post a Comment