Welcome!
Read some words, view some photos or listen to some tunes...
even when real life gets in the way


Thursday, April 14, 2011

A permanent solution to a temporary problem

Today was a very sad day for my daughter and other children and families in our community. A child, 15 years old, took her own life. This is a child who spent countless hours with mine.

How sad it is for a person to think that there is no way out and nothing else they can do. I try to tell my kids as much as I can that i love them -- today I said it a bunch of times again and also said they are never alone and their family is always here no matter how bad it gets.

I admit, when I woke this morning, i wasn't feeling so great about my current life situation and got down on myself. But when I heard what happened -- I said to myself, today and every day is a good day because I have my children. They are safe and healthy. I am safe and healthy. We are blessed to have each other. I told my kids that too.

I don't know if any of it sunk in at all but I sure hope so.

My heart breaks for Rachel's parents and sister. I couldn't stand to walk in their shoes and I hope I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment