Welcome!
Read some words, view some photos or listen to some tunes...
even when real life gets in the way


Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Real or only in fairytales?

It's storming tonight and I am reminded of a story that took place in Spain. Once upon a time - boy meets girl, boy woos girl with charisma, charm and kindness. They steal kisses when no one is looking and they get caught in the rain in a seaside town. They get caught up, period. Their room overlooks the sea and there in the blue-white light of lightening, they find paradise only within eachother's universe.

I can concoct such a story in my mind and on paper -- but, could it ever be real? Does it really truly exist?

3 comments:

  1. I bet it happens every day, maybe hundreds of times all over the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course it does, but here is the flaw in that tale--when that is the ONLY thing, when there is very little shared in common beyond this wonderful, yet fleeting, scene, then that's all it is. It is a snapshot, not a film--a piece, but not the whole puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a beautiful dreamy snapshot - a fantasy really, and real life is not fantasy. Yet there is great value in a fleeting escape from the seriousness of life; riding a wave of serendipitous romance, and living so fully in a single moment that the memory of it can feed the soul forever. I have enough puzzles to master. So don't pinch me yet. Just give me five minutes more in this sweet ether before I get dressed, get serious, and go to work :)

    ReplyDelete