Welcome!
Read some words, view some photos or listen to some tunes...
even when real life gets in the way


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What's in a name?

"That which we call a rose,
by any other name would smell as sweet"

Since more than one person has commented recently on my name (on this blog and elsewhere) I thought I would clarify. My birth name is Julia. My first family (parents, sisters) call me Julie which is not my preference at all but hey what ya gonna do? My co-workers call me Julia. My close friends call me Jules, Jule, Julia, J, J-ness, tini, tiny, foodie, word nerd and dork.

Oh and I also go by mama, mommy, mom and "God Mom" -- as in, "God Mom! Why can't I go? It's not fair!" : )

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,

    While checking out your playlist, which is eerily similar to something I would come up with for myself, I downloaded the Til Tuesday CD. I really liked the track Long Gone (buddy). Thanks for the tip. I would have totally missed that one. I also noticed a track entitled "J for Jules". Coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked it. Aimee Mann has such an awesome voice. I did see she has a song about J for Jules. Funny. I think Jules (a man) was her lover.

    ReplyDelete